Bita TalebiGeneral member
English, Spanish (Español), Persian (پارسی)
I am fascinated by tourism marketing and consider myself to be creative enough to handle new initiatives, particularly cultural tourism. I am a team member who is always open to new practical ideas.
So far, I have worked in Iran’s incoming tours section as a marketing director and a tour guide, so I can manage difficult positions and projects. I am a natural communicator with excellent presentation and public speaking abilities. I’ve always been a hard worker and adamant about achieving my goals, so in the meantime, I’ve been brushing up on my English and Spanish skills in order to be well-prepared for this business.
My fields of expertise include: assessing Spanish-speaking tourism in the Middle East. Coordination of tourism promotion, Researching suitable tourism markets and advising on the best solutions for local accommodations Interpreter and marketer for tourism shows, Social media, and communication Tourism website administration and promotion.
My primary motivation for joining the SBC program is the importance of social change that tourism activities can bring about. I have had a lot of experience with women empowerment in the tourism business over the years, and I believe that SBC will offer me the opportunity to work on and develop my project.
– Master’s degree, International Business (HEC Montréal, Canada, Aug 2022 – Apr 2024)
– Master’s degree, Tourism Marketing (Tehran University, Iran, 2013 – 2015)
– Bachelor’s degree, Tourism Management (Allameh Tabataba’i University, Iran, 2007 – 2011)
– I have started my own project called: “Iranian Changemakers Women” to introduce impressive Iranian women like Iran Darroudi, Mahlaghah Mallah and etc. This project is a collaboration of mine with the “National Museum of Cultures” in Mexico City. It allows me to develop cultural awareness about women who were pioneers in Iran to make social changes, and learn and listen to the ideas of the participants about women’s activities and approaches in Spanish-speaking societies.
– I am the official representative of the “Active Woman” (A Spanish Travel Agency, active in women’s empowerment programs and trips) project in Iran. It is an honor for me to create a framework for engaging my audience within these channels as part of a seamless conversation.
– I Have taken part in many tourism exhibitions such as FITUR in Spain and ITB in Germany which have empowered my international marketing skills and networking.
IDP Education Ltd, Issued Dec 2021Issued Dec 2021
Credential ID 0079440126
– C1 (Diploma de Español)
Instituto CervantesInstituto Cervantes, Issued Nov 2021
– Travel Agency Technical Manager
Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization of Iran, Issued Aug 2021
– Nivel superior en estudios de idioma español. UNAM / CEPE (Centro de enseña para extranjeros)
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Issued Jul 2018
– B2 (Diploma de Espanol), Instituto CervantesInstituto Cervantes, Issued Aug 2016Issued Aug 2016, Credential ID 160504364001020016
– Iran Cultural Tour Guide
Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization of Iran, Issued Jun 2010Issued Jun 2010, Credential ID 2101731
Looking for business partners, Looking for investment opportunities, Open to work
Tourism Marketing, Women empowerment in tourism
|Motivation for social impact creation
I am willing to make a change in women's life through tourism activities and I am motivated by this subject based on my personal experiences and also its my career aspirations to see women's empowerment as a critical issue for the future of the industry
|Contributions to the SBC community
By offering the subject of women's empowerment in tourism, I can help the organization become a more responsible and sustainable player in the tourism industry, and contribute to broader goals of social and economic development.
|Sustainable Development Goals
GOAL 1: No Poverty, GOAL 5: Gender Equality, GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality, GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities, GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Looking for collaborators
Tourism and women empowerment
|Current research projects
Women’s empowerment in tourism is a topic of growing public interest and concern, and organizations that are seen as leaders in this area can gain a significant competitive advantage. By offering insights and recommendations on this topic, we can help the organization enhance its reputation and brand image.
|Competition: look for projects
Active but not looking for new projects, Alumni
|Competition: look for members