“After many years of working with Vinasamex, the biggest thing that I and my relatives have received is for myself, my family and the community to live and breathe in a green, clean and safe environment. With a new way of manufacturing, 100 % of farmers will cultivate in a new method, creating high-quality cinnamon products for customers, producers and workers without worrying about toxic chemicals seeping into the soil, water and air…” – Ms. Vi Thi Tim, a farmer in the organic cinnamon production value chain shared.
Vinasamex has worked closely with farmers and local authorities in raw material areas to create a healthy and sustainable shared ecosystem. We action that by constantly raising awareness among people about laws/legal regulations about protected areas and providing them with hands-on knowledge and a deeper understanding. In addition, we train local people on the importance of local forests, biodiversity, and clean water – a source of life for their own families.
- At least 709 household representatives in raw material areas received direct information on laws, threats and good practices in protecting natural forests, protected forests, ecosystems and vegetation restoration.
- Two tables of regulations are named: regulations on the protection of watershed forests, protection of biodiversity, natural resources, and regulations on managing and collecting garbage and wastewater for farmers.We have identified at least ten medicinal plants in the category of medicinal plants needing conservation in the cinnamon, star anise and surrounding area.
- At least 819 farmers have got to know about local invasive and threatening species and have achieved good results in removing invasive trees in at least 912 hectares of Vinasamex’s material area.
- At least 468 farming households knew how to make and use herbal pesticides well and thoroughly applied the principles of integrated pest management (IPM)
- At least 819 household representatives are trained, aware of waste, and know how to sort and manage waste.100% of households in our value chain practice sustainable cultivation of productive forest land (including cinnamon forests and other types of forests); no longer use banned chemicals and GMO varieties; use organic and compost in cultivation.
Our positive impact:
- Respect of human rights and fair working conditions. Respect of the ecosystem and promotion of biodiversity, sustainable agriculture practices. Respect and betterment of local impact. Assures that human rights are safeguarded at any stage of production, workers enjoy good and fair working conditions and smallholder farmers receive a fair share. Improves the livelihood of thousands of smallholder farmers and workers by providing the means for social community projects and empowerment of people Commit to corporate social responsibility by orienting the business model to responsible practices. Respect human rights and offer decent working conditions to improve the well-being of workers. Respect the environment, biodiversity and climate by taking responsibility for one’s environmental impacts and progressively implementing sustainable production methods. Act for sustainable local development through creating local jobs and developing the local anchorage of the company. Integrate responsible and ethical sourcing practices based on a respectful dialogue with its suppliers and work with partners who favor responsible social and environmental practices Support representation and participation mechanism in producer operations to promote democratic values.
Final Criteria + Evidence ( PROOF )
PREZI LINK ( PRESENTATION ):